Through one of our motion sensor or push button call products, Notifex senses a change—such as a customer entering a reception area or an elderly patient getting up from a chair—and then notifies you within seconds through a personal pager.
Here’s how it works:
- The sensor detects a motion and generates a signal – either wireless or through a cable – to the Transmitter Control Unit (TCU.)
- The TCU sends a powerful coded radio signal to your personal pager, reaching up to over a mile away.
- The pager notifies the user (beep and/or vibrate) that the sensor detected a change.
The system comes ready-to-use; no programming or complicated set-up is required.
The Notifex System has been approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The system operates at the greatest power permitted, ensuring a strong, reliable signal. The TCU-to-pager communication uses a unique address, eliminating false alarms.
Click here to watch a video demonstrating how the Door Sensor system works to alert you when a door opens.
Notifex offers a variety of sensors that address many different needs. We have products that can detect when:
- there is movement in the room (motion detector);
- someone gets up from a chair (chair pad);
- someone gets out of bed (bed pad);
- a pushbutton is pressed (pushbutton);
- a door opens (door sensor);
- someone steps in a certain place, such as a welcome mat (floor pad).
Transmitter Control Unit (TCU)
The TCU is the “brains” of the Notifex System. It is about 6” x 7” x 2”, and can be placed anywhere that is convenient. The TCU runs on household power. There are two indicator lights on the front: one to tell you that the system has power and is ready to transmit, and another that tells you when it is sending a signal to its pager. The TCU also has a small antenna. On the rear of the TCU are jacks to attach sensors, as well as a power connection.
The Notifex System is entirely modular, meaning any sensor can be either direct-wired or wireless. The sensor can be connected to the transmitter with a small, plug-in cable (the more economical option, with added reliability) or with a wireless module (the more flexible and convenient option.) Multiple sensors can be used to trigger a page.
Ready to order?
Ordering a Notifex system is easy. Simply fill out our online order form by clicking here.
If you have any questions about Notifex, please call (802) 387-3100 or contact us online, and we’ll be glad to help!